We get a variety of comments from people when they hear that we have so many kitties. Most ask how we got them - so here are their stories.
When Kevin and I got married we knew that we wanted to get a kitty of our own. We were going to just start off with one. We found a local shelter that said they had a couple of kittens - we had wanted a little kitten - 8 weeks old. When we got to the shelter we saw they didn't have kittens that young, but we fell in love with Addie - she was three months. But there was this gray and white cat that really wanted our attention. We found out these two cats - Izzy and Addie - were best friends - we didn't want to break them up so we decided to bring both of them home with us.
Kevin went and visited my parents to study for one of his chiropractic board classes and one of my brother's friends brought a five week old calico kitty that they found on the side of a road. I was on the phone with Kevin and hear the kitty meow and I knew that we needed to bring that kitty home with us. I knew my mom didn't really want another kitty around the house. I went down that weekend and she came home with me - sleeping on my lap the entire way. She was a very vocal kitty - she would constantly meow - so my mom named her Annie after me (my middle name is Anne - and when I was a baby I was a very fussy baby).
One of my coworkers brought home a Siamese 10 week old kitten but soon found they wouldn't be able to keep him. They were going to take him to a shelter. Well - I couldn't see that happen so I said we would take him. We soon found out why my coworker couldn't handle him. He was a VERY hyper kitten. But we were able to handle him. We named him Buddy.
We had promised Kevin's mom that when my sister moved out that she could get a cat of her very own - so we went to Petsmart in search of a kitten for her. We found one. But a orange tabby decided he wanted to come home with us. He jumped on my lap and purred. It was love at first sight. So we decided to bring him home too. We named him Tigger.
See this post to see Kit Kat's story -http://cmunksgard.blogspot.com/2009/03/visitor.html. We couldn't bring ourselves to find him another home so we made some accommodations and kept him.
In May 2010 we had to put down our beloved Joey (I'll do a separate post about him later), and I wasn't sure if I could ever replace him. A week later I knew that I needed to love another kitty. Kevin had seen four black kittens at Petsmart so we decided to go see them. We decided to bring home the only girl - we named her Shadow. Two weeks after we brought her home it became apparent that she needed someone her own size to play with so we decided to bring home her brother, Bear.
In May 2011 I felt that we needed to bring another kitty home. It took some convincing to get Kevin to be on board. We went to Petsmart one day and just like we do everytime we go to Petsmart we went to see the kitties. There was this 10 week old grey long-haired tabby that just played with me through the window. I knew he needed to come home with us - but Kevin wasn't so sure. So we left without him but later I convinced him that we needed to bring him home so we went back and brought him home.
No comments:
Post a Comment